Santiago de Compostela & Valença do Minho Full-Day Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Sacred wonders & notable landmarks of a World Heritage city
- Elegant interiors of Santiago de Compostela Cathedral
- Free time for the Pilgrim Mass (optional)
- Know the famous Valença’s Fortress, in Vauban style
- Opportunity to explore districts at your own leisure
Santiago de Compostela Tour
Live commentary in English. Live Commentary in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 5 and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Cross the border between Portugal and Spain to reach the city of Santiago de Compostela.
Get to know one of the most famous pilgrimage routes in the world for centuries: the sacred St James way. Created as an affirmation of the Catholic faith and devotion, this road connects several points of Europe in Spain. An amazing network serving pilgrimage to the shrine of the apostle Saint James the Great in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, in Galicia.
Finally, we can appreciate the stunning Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela - the ultimate goal! - for many pilgrims from all over the world. In Romanesque, Gothic, Baroque architectural styles, this Cathedral is a true landmark, not only in Galicia but also in Spain.
After, this stop, it is time to appreciate a delicious tapas lunch at a traditional restaurant (optional) in the old town of Santiago de Compostela. This typical area, full of history and traditions is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
You have just lived a great experience in Santiago. Now say goodbye to Spain, and come back to Portugal: there are still many sites to discover on this full-day tour!
We will go towards Valença do Minho, an iconic city in the North of Portugal of a singular and respected work of art: the Heart of Viana, in Portuguese filigree. This “Coração de Viana”, in Portuguese, is the true medal of Portugal and has a strong importance in the Minho Region. A golden heart that will amaze you.
Find out the biggest tourist attraction in the city: The Fortress, built to protect the village from the Spanish attacks. A stunning medieval structure with two strong towers and a double great wall projected in the Vauban Style, a military architect. You will have enough time to explore the incredible Fortress before you safely return to Porto. Take as many pictures as you wish and save this tour forever in your mind!
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Santiago de Compostela
- Porto City Center (Hotel Pickup)
- Porto Porto District
- Living Tours Office
- 352 Rua de Mouzinho da Silveira
- Porto Porto 4000-069
Download the ebookers app and make the most of your trip
- Profit! You earn more BONUS+ in the app than on desktop
- Get real-time travel updates, such as gate changes and flight delays
- View upcoming trip details, hotel address information and get maps for directions