Legendary Venice: St. Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace Small-Group Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
- Fast-track access to 2 of the most-visited sights in Venice
- Tour of St. Mark's Basilica including first-floor terrace
- Visit to the Doge's Palace with art by Veronese & Tintoretto
- Group of 25 people of fewer & walking on the Bridge of Sighs
- Hearing informative commentary from your local expert guide
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Maximum group size is 25 people.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- This activity is unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriers.
- Occasionally St. Mark's Basilica is closed to the public, without previous notice, due to high tides or particular festivities. If St. Mark's Basilica is closed, an extended tour of the outside of the basilica and of St. Mark's Square will be given instead.
- The Doge's Palace is subject to unforeseen closures due to high tides or festivities; when this occurs, an alternative date is offered.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results.
What you can expect
Combine the top 2 sights in Venice in a hassle-free tour led by an expert local guide. With pre-reserved tickets and skip-the-line access, you get straight inside the Doge's Palace for an intimate small-group tour.
First, step inside Venice's most important church, St. Mark's Basilica, and admire the east-meets-west architecture. With access to the first-floor terrace, get close to the beautiful gold mosaics, see the gold horses, and admire beautiful views from the balcony over St. Mark's Square. Led by an expert guide, hear how most of the basilica's prized possessions ended up here by less than honest means.
Your second stop is no less beautiful. Palazzo Ducale, or the Doge's Palace, was home to the doge, or duke, of Venice and his seat of government. Skip the line with pre-reserved tickets and walk straight inside to explore huge council chambers, incredible audience rooms, and a stunning ballroom with works by renowned Venetian masters such as Veronese and Tintoretto.
Hear the intriguing history of this building that housed the world's oldest republic as well as its most fascinating government and even an incarcerated Casanova. You even see the New Prisons and walk on the renowned Bridge of Sighs.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided
4.5 average out of 5 rating of 201 reviews
Sort reviews by
Download the ebookers app and make the most of your trip
- Profit! You earn more BONUS+ in the app than on desktop
- Get real-time travel updates, such as gate changes and flight delays
- View upcoming trip details, hotel address information and get maps for directions